NYSCF is soliciting applications from early career investigators for Innovator awards to be used for exploring the basic biology and translational potential of stem cells. The goal of this initiative is to foster bold and innovative science with the potential to transform the field of stem cell research, and advance understanding and use of stem cells in the development of treatments for human disease. In addition to providing funding, NYSCF partners with investigators to advance and translate their research.
The award provides $1.5M USD over 5 years and is open to researchers based at accredited academic and nonprofit research institutions from throughout the world.
To be eligible, candidates must:
• Have completed one or more of the following degrees: MD, PhD, DPhil
• Be within 5 years of starting a faculty (professorship) or comparable position on June 1, 2014
• Have demonstrated ability to independently supervise staff and research
• Have a publication record containing articles that are innovative and high impact
• Have demonstrated or strategized true innovation for translation of basic sciences to a clinical setting
**PLEASE NOTE - NEW ONLINE APPLICATION SUBMISSION PROCESS**
There is a new online grants submission process this year. All applications MUST be submitted through the online system. Click here to register and apply!
Applications are due on Monday, March 17, 2014 at 5:00pm Eastern.
To be notified of the next RFA release, please fill the following form. You will be notified by email