The New York Stem Cell Foundation requests applications from early career investigators from throughout the world to cultivate research that will explore the basic biology and translational potential of stem cells. The program is designed to support scientists in the next phase of their career after postdoctoral work.
The award provides $1.5M USD over 5 years and is open to researchers based at accredited academic institutions from throughout the world.
To be eligible, candidates must:
• Have completed one or more of the following degrees: MD, PhD, DPhil
• Be within 5 years of starting a faculty (professorship) or comparable position at the start of the award (January 1, 2014)
• Have demonstrated ability to independently supervise staff and research
• Have a publication record containing articles that are innovative and high impact
• Have demonstrated or strategized true innovation for translation of basic sciences to a clinical setting