NYSCF's Junior Leadership Council is a dedicated group of people in their 20s and 30s committed to furthering the mission of accelerating cures for the major diseases of our time through stem cell research. The council volunteers time, creativity and talent to increase awareness, raise funds and serve as ambassadors for NYSCF. Learn more about NYSCF's young leaders.
Junior Leadership Council participants:
- Support a great cause and make a tangible impact within a growing organization;
- Network with other young professionals at special NYSCF events;
- Interact directly with scientists on the front lines of stem cell research; and
- Learn about the breaking developments of this exciting and cutting-edge field.
Membership is open to young professionals willing to commit to:
- Attend or host fundraising events;
- Serve as important ambassadors for our work by encouraging peer involvement; and
- Give or make possible contributions of $2,000 or more in general operating support to ensure NYSCF has the maximum flexibility for new research opportunities in this rapidly evolving field.
NYSCF's Board of Directors and Leadership Council cover all basic administrative expenses, therefore 100% of gifts from Junior Leadership Council members support our programs:
Supporting and enabling the unrestricted pursuit of the most advanced stem cell research, both in the NYSCF Laboratory and at collaborating major medical research institutions, including:
ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease)
Bone and muscle regeneration
Mental heath disorders
Spinal Muscular Atrophy
Supporting and training the next generation of scientists, both at the postdoctoral level as Fellows, and as Investigators pursuing innovative work that translates into cures.
NYSCF Conference & Symposia
Bringing new ideas to the scientific community and expanding public understanding of stem cell research.
Help NYSCF expand our social media efforts:
The Junior Leadership Council is always looking for new energetic members. For more information, please contact Kristin Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 365-7437.